Honestly

Monday, December 21, 2020

 IMG_6311

Would it be enough if I just woke up? 

on Christmas. 

If I didn’t finish the list

or the advent devotional.


If I only drink lukecold coffee today

(not even lukewarm, just lukecold coffee)

and the piles stay piled.

Is that enough? 


That depends. 

Is the thought of eating whole coffee beans straight out of the bag 

enough to make you smile?

(yes)


Back to the real question. 

Would it be enough if I just showed up

And tried my best? I’m trying my best. 


Then you are prepared.

Maybe even more so than a drawn out countdown.

You will wake up and it will happen.

Christmas morning will come. 


Just like a birthday.


You don't prepare 

you just arrive

honestly.

Honestly. 


--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Monday, December 21, 2020. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.