pastel stars

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

IMG_5232


Translucent leaves 
 make one last dance 
on the wet road

They soak in place,
shining pastel stars
as I walk by 

I don't know why,
but out of everything I've seen today
those rain soaked leaves
have stuck to my mind

Full of color
sprawling over and over and over 
letting the rain wash them.

Shimmering as though 
the birth from the bud, 
the flourish on the branch, 
the blaze of color, 
the free fall in the sky,
the spinning in the wind-
was all worth it,

the moment they
  land with grace
sealed by the rain
to fly no more
they shine still
without remorse

as if brilliant life 
in every moment
 is what they were made for. 


When the leaves return to my mind days later,
I come back to a notebook and try to find why.

And now I think I found the answer.

--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.