The exhale after a long (school) interview

Friday, July 17, 2020

My brain is zapped. I tried to make words count and not waste. The interview ran longer than expected. 

At one point I forgot the word “intimidating” and looked off into the distance. I felt silly for forgetting this particular word. 

I was asked questions like, “What are your professional goals in five years?”
this

“How would you describe diversity?”humbly

“What strengths would you bring to this program?”determination, empathy

“What would you struggle with most in this program?” what I will inevitably see

“How have you handled conflict with someone in authority?”directly, nerves racking and all

The questions were both tough and comprehensive. I answered them with blended, blunt, swing-a-window-wide-open-into-my-mind replies.

I am hopeful. That was the last thing I said, before parting formalities.

“I am hopeful.”

He replied, “I am too.”

2018

--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Friday, July 17, 2020. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.