Nameless City

Tuesday, July 10, 2018



You are a city that makes other cities stronger.

20180629_085617

“Crap! I have to write about you!” I tell you when your birthday comes.


Crap. How do I write about you?

I’ve done it before and I’m trying to do it again, but this time it’s difficult. Why is it so difficult?

Perhaps it’s because you’re changing. You’re growing. You’re aiming towards beautiful things in life and it’s shaping you vulnerably and visibly open. It is so pure and delicate and bold I can’t figure out how to describe a whirlwind and swift river. . . what is and what's coming. 

I struggle to name this chapter. 

Dad put you into words very well this year. He said you are a city. Usually cities are known for one particular thing and are named for a well known attribute or strength. “Windy City” “Big Apple” “Twin Cities” etc…

At a glance she is bold. Strong. Leader. Loud. Proactive. Intelligent. Driven. Persuasive.  

Yet as Dad remarked, you are a city with no one name to describe you. 
For the longer you walk into your city, the more streets you find that you were not expecting. The more surprises you come by. The more you find different ways than what you thought it was all about. You build deep structures. Intricate, exciting, complex.

You find quiet streets. You find gentle streets. . . streets of compassion, streets of understanding and profound feeling.

In your city others become more aware around you, because you are so aware of them.  

Nameless City

You are a city that makes other cities stronger.

--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2018. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.