Anne at the doorstep

Monday, May 14, 2018

Bird by
                 Bird

                              Anne Lamott



Anne at the doorstep

came today

and I said,

"Welcome in"

up the stairs,

into the window room

until

I turned the cover


That will do,

Anne.


That will do.

Thank you.

IMG_8870
(tulips in the neighborhood)


Less than a few dollars sealed this copy to my address, and in exchange I see what the previous owner found significant in the text. Swirls, lines, highlights, notes, single words that explain nothing to me and precisely enough to someone.

When I'm not distracted and slightly annoyed at these underlinings and markings,
I'm so pleased by them.

Another person in the world whom I'll never meet
has read and cared about this book too.
So it's like we share something
we were meant to.



--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Monday, May 14, 2018. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.