earth day

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

After looking at white for many long, cold, months, t’s funny that looking for white again is what keeps my hopes up. It’s a drastically different form dipped white, but white all the same. 

This past week, the milk white blossoms I was waiting for popped up all over the place, and the spring ache in the air was relieved. 

Each spring I wait for these bushes and trees to poke out these delicate flowery blooms and when they do I wish every street was covered in the white blossoms. 

The Anne of Green Gables inside me delights in seeing them. Anne knew how to find joy and delight in the smallest of things. I love Anne Shirley. I think the two of us would be good friends. (although I must admit sometimes I think I am too blunt (cynical at times) and could get annoyed with all flowery dreams, as beautiful as they sound. “Life is PAIN madam.” -Quoteth Welsey. Princess Bride.) 

Yet, when I see the blossoms, I can't help but think of the White Way of Delight. 
They're calling my name and my camera. 

Out I go. 

alist4


Thank you God, our amazing creator. 

--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2015. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.