Boston: Louisa May Alcott Home

Friday, November 21, 2014

IMG_0062
I saw it! The real Orchard House, where Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women. Isn't it lovely? And doesn't it remind you of Orchard House in Little Women??

My sister and I were able to visit and tour the home. (Unfortunately, they had a strict no pictures inside policy which I wanted to break so so badly, but the lady watched me like a hawk and I didn't want to get kicked out, plus I knew I should obey.) I was able to capture the outside, and that shall have to suffice.

Hearing Louisa's story was fascinating and inspiring.  My sister and I asked questions throughout the tour (to our tour guide's annoyance. huh?) and hashed out all the information we had just gathered like sponges on the car ride back. Filling in missing parts of the story, exploring possibilities, comparing our own lives, dreaming of writing, imagining life back then, and Hey! Dunkin Donuts! Can we? We must. oh the joys of car rides on the East Coast with your sister...

IMG_0077

IMG_0074

IMG_0079
(this was another house they built on the property right next to Orchard House.)

IMG_0067

IMG_0071

IMG_0064

It was a lovely visit and made me want to watch Little Women that very day.  (The soundtrack to that movie alone. .  one of my favorites.) What a privilege it was to see the house where she drew inspiration for her book.

IMG_0080

--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Friday, November 21, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.