Jane Austen and Boston

Friday, August 30, 2013

flowers

Chapter 1

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, 
that a single man in possession of a good fortune, 
must be in want of a wife." 

Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice
published 1813
.     .     .

I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice. Oh! what a lovely masterpiece. (I'm also in Boston, visiting my sister and brother in law so I thought my post title was pretty clever. he he he) The picture of the pink cosmos is my favorite picture from today. 

Allow me to indulge in another quote:

"'So, Lizzy,' said he one day, 'your sister is crossed in love I find. 
I congratulate her. Next to being married, a girl 
likes to be crossed in love a little now and then. 
It is something to think of, and gives her 
a sort of distinction among her companions.'"

Thank you Jane Austen, for writing down your stories. They are some of my favorites. I started reading Sense and Sensibility and am enjoying it very much. If I could read two books at once, I would be simultaneously re-reading Pride and Prejudice, too. 


.     .     .

Why not seize the pleasure at once, 
how often is happiness destroyed by preparation
foolish preparations
 -Jane Austen

.     .     .

IMG_1581

Find hope and be full of it today. 
-e


--Leave Comment--

This entry was posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.