Remember how I said I went fishing with my brother?
Well, I did along with my mom. My brother got all set up and we went to explore around the bridge. It was gorgeous.

However, I failed to mention that while my brother fished, my mom led me to the other side of the bridge where a mamma (or papa hmmm. . .not quite sure) goose was sitting on top of her eggs. I thought: "Oh cute! I can get a close up picture of her eggs!" Oooorrrrr not.

See, it was raining. ok ok, sprinkling. Not that that has anything to do with me NOT getting close up to her or anything. Man, I'm already giving excuses! My mom led me to her and asked me to take pictures. I was all: "Sure mom! What a great photo opp!" And then I turned the corner and saw her. And in a split second got really really really scared.
Be not deceived by the seemingly close up photos I took of the goose. I have a super duper zoom lens.
To avoid walking towards her I stopped and took a really boring picture of. . . grass. Heh heh. . . *ahem.* Excuse #2? Check. "Come on!" my mom encouraged. "Get close to her!" "Oh, don't worry mom! I can see her from here!" I claimed. Might I note that my mom was so close the goose could probably tell what kind of gum she was chewing? Yeah. My mamma's brave. "What's the matter? Why don't you get closer? Here. I'll scare her away and then you can get really close to her nest!" "Mom. I can see her from here.""Yeah, but you're not close!" she said. "I already have a picture of her." I replied. "Come on!" she urged. And that's when the goose hissed, and I got even more scared and confessed. "NOOOOO! I AM NOT COMING ONE. STEP. CLOSER! I AM REALLY REALLY SCARED. SHE IS GOING TO TURN AROUND AND ATTACK ME AND BITE ME OR SOMETHING! I'VE SEEN TOO MANY "UNTAMED AND UNCUT" ANIMALS FREAKING OUT ON ANIMAL PLANET!!!!!" pause."Honey, she's not going to do that." And with that my mom stepped even closer.

2 Responses to “I was a scaredy cat. There. I said it.”
haha, she IS brave.
and i agree with scariness. at the u, they are all down by the flats and hiss at you even if you are walking on the path.
l
sis. i WIKE your new layout. and plus, i have a traumatic story about a horrid goosie sometime if you want to hear it.
bip
Post a Comment