It was freezing outside and when I tried to open up the door of my car after shopping at a craft store, it was frozen shut. Nice. I tried again, this time blowing on the key and lock, willing it into submission but it refused my hopeful attempts. Lame.
I walked into the store and walked over to the nearest register. I needed to use their phone since I didn't have mine with me.
"Hi, can I please use one of your phones to make a call?" I asked the cashier lady.
"Sure! Here you go. Just make sure you press 1 before you type in the number."
"Thanks!"
"You're welcome." And with a smile she walked away.
No one picked up so I decided to see if my car door was ready to cooperate with me.
It wasn't. My hands got all numb and freezing again so I walked back into the store again.
I waited for a while then decided to call again to see if someone could pick me up. This time, the happy cashier girl wasn't there so I had to ask the guy.
"Hi, I was wondering, could I please use one of the phones to make a call?"
"I'm sorry. I need to keep the line open for business uses."
"Oh. *chuckle*" I totally thought he was joking.
Silence.
Reality slapped me in the face and I realized that he was DENYING my request to use one of the phones.
He looked at me and I looked at him.
"Is it going to be FAST?" He asked.
"Yes! I'm just calling for a ride." I replied.
After hearing him sigh, I followed him a couple feet to the phone that the FRIENDLY girl had let me use not 10 minutes ago.
"Thanks!" I said.
"What's the number?"
"Oh." I wasn't expecting him to type it in and just stand there.
After typing it in he handed me the phone.
I called and left a message. And then had the gut to try a different number with out his permission. Rebel.
Eventually after waiting for a long time in the store, I was picked up. And even though I would have used the phone again, I decided not to. Wonder why. . .
One Response to “Pahleese?”
sis. these types of things always happen to us.
my question is: ha-why?
Post a Comment