Reverse Phychology Reversed

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When I am babysitting, reverse psychology is sometimes my best friend. It normally works like this:

"EWWWWW! I'm NOT going to eat that carrot!"

Me-"Oh don't worry, I'm not gonna make you eat it. It's sooo good I'm gonna eat all of them. And so is your brother. We are the only ones who can eat them."

*pause*

"Actually, I DO want to eat it. CAN I PLEASE HAVE ONE?"

Ahhh. That's more like it!

However, yesterday, I observed reverse psychology being. . . reversed. I was done with my nannying shift and walked into the kitchen with the little girls for supper. One hopped up onto her stool and started munching on her salad that her dad had made for her. The other girl hopped up next to her "Sissy" and glanced at Sissy's plate.

"Um, I don't want ANY salad."

Her dad replied: "Yep. I know that. That's why I didn't put any on your plate."

"Oh!" She responded happily.

And that's when I saw "The light bulb of reverse psychology" pop into his head.

"In fact," he continued "it's SOOOO good I don't want to give you any. It tastes good. You can't have ANY!"

"Aww, thanks!" She replied.

Let's just say it has been my source of laughter today.

1 Comment;

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Reverse Phychology Reversed”

Bethany said...

this is good stuff, sissy.

REAL good.

bep

ps - my word verification word is entsholl


2021 all images and words Copyright Songbird on a tree. Powered by Blogger.